Search Engine Optimization: What is SEO?
In today’s world, business have to advertise and make their products known not only in the local market but also in the international market. Their services have to reach most corners of the world, thus most business owners are turning to the internet for marketing. In fact, internet marketing is a necessity for any business to thrive in the ever competitive world, unless the business is a monopoly which also needs to get more and more customers. Competition does not end only at the product and services provision stage but also to the advertising and product promotion stage. So business owners and those people seeking to market their services have to know how search engines rank things.
Ever pondered on how or why the sites that you get on the first page of the search engines got there when there are several other websites that are competing or rather match your search word or phrase? The response to that query is the Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a marketing, rather presentation kind of strategy that is used by search engines, such as Google, to rank websites. Most sites rely heavily on the SEO for them to be on either the second, if at all not first page of the search results. You will want to work with the best SEO company that you can afford to help you rank high on the first page.
However, there are websites that do not rely much on SEO so as to appear on the first page of the results. This is because these sites have a well-known brand name. Good examples are such sites as Microsoft, Twitter, Facebook, and Wikipedia. Most internet users do not go beyond the first few pages of their search results, thus this makes SEO services such important to business owners. In any case if your business adverts are in the last pages of the search results, who really will ever know about your business? As a user, when was that last time that you really clicked on a search page that is more than two?
Search engines use various criteria to rank websites. These include: the use of URL addresses, SEO titles and also good headers; relevant back links; regular updates; writing valuable SEO content; and multimedia use. The most important and powerful optimization technique however is the use of key words. Key words are what one types in search engines for you to get your results. They tell the search engine what exactly you need. Keywords ensure that there is more traffic directed to your site. However, you need to use obscure words which are more specific and rather unique according to the content on your website. This reduces competition, thus better rankings.
So make sure that you more than promote your business and make your potential customers find you by using SEO marketing.
Reasons Why You Should Stop Smoking Smoking is the practice of tasting smoke or inhaling it and it is mostly tobacco smoke. Everyone who is sane enough should know the hazardous effects of tobacco smoke on one’s health. In fact, popular cigarette manufacturing companies always have a warning imprinted on every cigarette pack that they make. The warning is so simple; Continuous Use of Tobacco Smoke Is Harmful to Your Health. Though in business, these companies still take the initiative to warn cigarette users of the harmful effects. So ignorance here should be no defense on any sane person out there.
A smoker should be seriously rethinking of quitting the smoking habit after being enlightened on the negative effects of tobacco smoke and cigarettes in general. There are several whys and wherefores on the stop smoking
sign shown to any smoker. Given below are just but a few of the reasons:
- The danger of acquiring cancer – smoking may seem fun to first time smokers but it only leaves you more and more exposed to various kinds of cancerous growths. Examples of such cancers include; cervix cancer, lung cancer and also emphysema. There are other lung disease types too related to smoking.
- Cardiac arrest vulnerability – frequent smokers are always endangered by the possibility of getting heart attacks and or strokes. You just have no idea how much good deal you might be doing to your body by the simple act of quitting smoking. What with more than 20 % of the health related glitches being connected to smoking habits.
- Save and invest money elsewhere – ever tried and figured out the number of cigarettes that an average smoker does really use in a day? Probably not. It is a number roughly between 20 to 40 cigarettes per day. A chain smoker will be doing a number that is above 60 cigarettes or an equivalent of more than 3 cigarette packs. Ideally, buying of cigarettes will only cost you a few pennies so it might not be a big deal to you when you use some of your cash. Nevertheless, if you do your calculations every end month, you will be surprised to realize that you have used so much on lighters as well as cigarettes. This kind of money should have been invested.
- Better scent – smoking habits always makes a smoker to have such a bad odor, to such an extent that one becomes a public nuisance if at all in a social place. So stop smoking for the better.
- Get rid of early morning coughs – most smokers have coughs in the morning and by quitting, one can do away with this.
- Premature skin aging – smoking increases wrinkles which no young person in this day and age would want to have anyway. So why not quit smoking altogether?
The above are just but a few arguments reasons to stop smoking. So at least take the initiative.